Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Digital Influence

I've been away for quite some time preparing instructional materials to meet the increased demands in digital media design within Papua New Guinea by developing video trainings in various computing courses for those who can't afford to attend on-site trainings.  All the updates will be posted up in my next post.

For this post, I'd like to share another influence I had whilst being addicted to computing, especially my love for graphic design.  

Over the years, I've been doing various stuff in graphic design and have turned away from my original fine arts background so I recently decided to get back to painting using influences I got from digital art.  I  did three works on various cultural themes, especially the traditional dancers from various parts of Papua New Guinea.  

I used to do other styles, exploring different techniques however this year (2013) I adopted influences from digital art particularly effects such as pixels, mosaics and glass or what we call filters and plugins of computer applications.

Here are three of the recent works I did using this technique.


Huli Wigman: Over to the highlands of Papua New Guinea, this famous wigman from the Hulis was translated into pieced art similar to that of mosaics.  The art was bought by Keryn Johnsons.
Trobriand Dancer: Another dancer from the tip of Papua New Guinea, the Trobriand Islands was in motion and captured then painted.  I sold this work, three people bid for it and fortunately Mr. Robert Webber won the bid.

Hiri Hanenamo: Famous for their historical trade, this central dancer was again tested on canvas using mosaic-styled art.   I loved every piece of my art so as this one which is one of the bigger ones I've done



[ EARLIER SAMPLES ]

Since, I have mentioned a bit on my earlier styles of art, I'd like to post few of them here for your viewing.  Most of these artworks have already been purchased by various people both locally (in PNG) and abroad.

My style of painting varies every time I decide to take brush and paint because I always want to explore different approach to express various PNG cultures in my paintings.  Initially, starting from blended design-like paintings, I moved into realistic paintings, then fantasy-type using PNG myths and legends, further into overlay-type-paintings and now digitally influenced by computing using mosaic-like art.

Art is Fun and it helps me build my patience.  








1 comment: