Thursday, March 1, 2018

Free Tutorials To Empower


I've been writing tutorials for some time now and every time I'm doing that, I'm learning different skills from each one of them.  Recently, I shifted my focus on writing general tutorials to aligning them with online trends locally especially with what people are doing in particular, my followers.  There were several tutorials I made however, I would like to share three of the recent ones in this post.

I will begin with the earliest, the first for this year.  That tutorials was on "Creating Frames for Facebook" which demonstrates how to insert graphics as frames for Facebook profile photos.  I have noticed that people are heavily using Facebook to communicate their views or facts and one way to advocate others, apart from just posting on timelines or walls would be to use customised frames which other people can also try out with their profile pictures or photos.  I therefore created a short tutorial on this and if you want to learn more about that, click the banner below to go to the page containing the tutorial.  If you go there, check tutorial number 26.


There is also another trend of people getting into 3D graphics or computer generated 3 dimensional imagery.  I've seen some of them on various groups in Facebook posting their self-taught works and decided to create a basic tutorial that would help them learn from scratch and guide them along. 
I thought the easiest I could think of for them to start learning is using a polygonal cube object.  I wrote a tutorial on creating a cereal box with hope that they will acquire fundamental knowledge in modelling and texturing from scratch.  Though this tutorial is again a simple one, I tried to capture some basic concepts of modelling and texturing.  Below banner will take you to the tutorial page and the tutorial itself is number 27.


Few years back, one of my student did a 3D model of a lighthouse in Cinema 4D and posted it in a closed group on for PNG graphic designers Facebook.  It wasn't what he learnt from me but something he learnt by himself.  Seeing that, t promised to do a step-by-step tutorial on an easier way to set up the model so I wrote this tutorial using various tools in cinema 4D to execute the workflow.  Due to commitments and tight schedules I have, this tutorial was delayed until few days before writing this blog.  The tutorial demonstrates modelling a lighthouse.  Interestingly, this particular lighthouse is common in Papua New Guinea and is situated in a province called Madang, situated north of the capital Port Moresby.  The banner below will take you to the page and the tutorial itself is tutorial number 28.


Apart from these 3, there are dozens of other tutorials found on the page so please, check it out and if you'd like to watch the video versions, go to the video section on my website.

Feel free to comment if you come across this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment